1. The first step is to check if the flat you are interested in is available when you are planning to visit Barcelona. The reservations are found at the bottom of each flat page and you can also use the search engine for a list of all available flats. Click on “Book a flat” to the left to search for available flats.
2. If the flat you were thinking of, or one of the others that would suit you, is available you go ahead with the reservation on the website. After thet you will receive a booking confirmation.
3. The next step then is to pay a deposit of 100€. The deposit is transferred to our Spanish bank account with an ordinary bank transfer. From the day that you get the confirmation from Groupbcn you have three days to initiate the money transfer. If you would need more time please contact us on Groupbcn.
4. When the transfer is on the way please send us an e-mail telling us which day the transfer was done. Also state at what time you will arrive in Barcelona. A few days after that, as soon as the transfer is through, you will get a confirmation and from this date the flat is booked. You will also be informed where and when to meet up for the check in.
All companies flies to Barcelona airport (El Prat) apart from Ryan Air who flies to Girona airport.
5. At the check in we show you the flat, how all things work and you will receive the keys. You pay the rent for the period and we write a short term rental contract. You will also receive a written receipt for the already paid deposit and the rent. We decide a time for the check out. A part from this we also need a copy of the first page of the passport of all people that will stay in the flat.
6. On the appointed time of the check out a person from Groupbcn comes and meets you in the apartment. A check of the apartment is done to see that there is nothing broken or missing. If there would be something broken or missing the deposit money would cover these costs. You return the keys and you get the 100€ which you have paid in deposit.
If you cancel your reservation more than four weeks before the scheduled arrival you will be charged 50% of the total price. If you cancel your reservation less than four weeks before the scheduled arrival you will be charged the total price.
Arrival time and day
There is an additional fee on the following check in times:
Weekdays 18:00 – 21:00, 25€.
Weekdays 21:00 – 09:00, 50€.
Saturday, Sunday and Holiday, 25€.
Saturday, Sunday and Holiday 18:00 – 21:00, 50€.
Saturday, Sunday and Holiday kl. 21:00 – 09:00, 75€.
This fee is not included in the total price when you book online and will therefore be added when you check in.
Check in time
If there is a check out the same day you can check in at 14:00. If there isn’t a check out the same day you can check in whenever it suits you best.
Check out time
If there is a check in the same day you will have to leave the apartment by latest at 10:00. If there isn’t a check in the same day you can check out when it suits you best.
The cleaning fee is madatory and is included in the total price when you book online.
Special prices – World Mobile Congress
2013 week 9:
50% supplement for apartments Fontrodona and Garay. For other apartments 100%.
What is Groupbcn?
GroupBCN is a union of property owners in Barcelona who are offering their flats as tourist- and student flats. The organization that takes care of all customer contact, check in- and check outs and so forth is GroupBCN.
Are there bed linens and towels supplied in the flats?
There are bed linens but no towels.
How many keys do we get to the flat?
In each apartment there are two sets of keys for the guests.
How do we get in to Barcelona from the airport in Girona (Ryan Air)?
Ryan Air has shuttle buses that are synchronized with their flights. The trip takes 90 minutes and the bus stops at Estacion del Norte in Barcelona. The fare is 19€ for a return trip.
Are there any discounts for children?
Normally we can arrange a discount for small children (under 2 years) and on most occasions they stay for free. Please contact us before making the reservation to confirm the number of people.
How do we get to the flat?
When the deposit is paid you will receive a confirmation of the reservation. In this mail you will also get all the necessary information regarding how to get to the city center and where we meet up for the check in.
What is the deposit for?
The deposit is a security for the apartment owners and Groupbcn. If there is something broken or missing in the apartment when you check out the deposit money will cover these costs.